Start your engines! The National Tourism Foundation’s
Silent & Live Auctions, sponsored by Golden Corral
Corporations, will get underway on Friday, Nov. 14, 2003,
in Charlotte, N.C., at the NTA Annual Convention and
conclude on Monday, Nov. 17 at noon.
To get the most exposure for your company, property,
attraction or destination, here are a few ideas that will
help you put together the best representation of your
company’s products and services:
Set the pace! The earlier you make your donation,
the more time the Foundation has to promote it. All
components of your donation are due to the Foundation by
Sept. 26, 2003 to ensure inclusion in the 2003 Auction
Take the lead! Include tangible items with travel
packages, such as artwork, regional specialties, or items
from your gift shop. Look for items that are unique or out
of the ordinary. These items are always in high demand and
Be a crew chief! Work with area attractions,
hotels and restaurants to put together a group tour
package or mini vacation and promote it to tour operators
and other NTA delegates during the NTA Annual Convention.
Donation ideas include:
- Artwork that depicts your company, attraction or
region or that has been produced in your region.
- Sports memorabilia such as autographed items, apparel,
photographs, equipment and tickets to sporting events.
- Seats on a group tour.
- Signature items specific to your company, region or
destination, including items that are unique or hard to
- Mini vacations for two or more people that includes
hotel accommodations for at least two nights, meals,
rounds of golf and tickets to theme parks, special
attractions or concerts that acquaint people with your
property, area activities and destination.
- Gifts for children (and adults) including toys, games,
dolls, train sets, stuffed animals and books.
- Handcrafted items such as quilts, furniture, clocks,
sculptures, pottery, statues, woodcarvings, jewelry and
- Gift baskets filled with signature gifts from your
region, including wine, culinary items and equine gifts.
- Group tour packages for a minimum of 40 people that
include hotel accommodations, transportation, step-on-
guide service, meals and attractions in your area, region
- Gift certificates from restaurants, shopping malls,
department stores and spas.
- Admission tickets to amusement parks, local events,
shows, attractions, sightseeing cruises and museums.
- Hotel accommodations, airline tickets, conference and
convention registrations, consulting services and
- Office equipment, including computers, fax machines,
copiers and telephones.
- Everyday items such as tires, cleaning supplies,
luggage, digital cameras and palm pilots.
The amount and variety of items you can donate is endless.
Put yourself in the driver’s seat and get together with
several other properties or attractions in your area to
create a package that will have you making the victory lap.