2003 INTERNSHIP APPLICATION
About the National Tourism Foundation Internship
The National Tourism Foundation is currently accepting
applications for its fall internship. The Foundation is
seeking a student pursuing a degree that is travel and
tourism-related. The applicant must also have excellent
written, oral and interpersonal skills. The internship
This internship is from August through December 2003. All
applications and related materials must arrive at the
Foundation office by April 16, 2003, for consideration.
The Foundation’s Internship requires that the applicant
move to Lexington, Ky., from August to December to work at
the National Tourism Foundation’s headquarters. A $3,000
personal stipend is awarded to the recipient to offset
travel and lodging expenses while in Lexington.
Please include the following information on separate sheets
- A $3,000 personal stipend to offset travel and lodging
expenses while in Lexington, Kentucky.
- Travel to the National Tour Association (NTA) Annual
Convention in Charlotte (Nov. 14 - 19, 2003). This element
of the internship package is valued at $3,000.
- Opportunities to meet and work with the tourism
industry’s leading professionals.
- Experience in convention and event planning and
- Working as part of the NTA staff - the premier packaged
travel association in North America.
- A typed résumé
- Any work or internship experience in travel and tourism
- Any extracurricular or volunteer experience
- A completed copy of the 2003 National Tourism
Foundation Internship Application
2003 National Tourism Foundation Internship Application
Year of Study:__________Expected Date of Graduation:________
Overall GPA (4.0 scale):________Major GPA (4.0 scale):______
Please list the months that you are available to complete
Submit all materials by April 16, 2003 to:
National Tourism Foundation
546 East Main Street
Lexington, KY 40508